Are animals allowed on Thalys trains?
Pets are accepted on board the Thalys company. Please note that pets (except service dogs and blind guides) are unfortunately not accepted on Thalys Snow and Thalys Soleil trains.
Finally, dangerous dogs, wild animals and birds (parakeets, canaries, etc.) are not allowed on Thalys trains.
- Tickets can be booked on the Omio website
Pets weighing less than 6kg are transported free of charge if they are in a container.
Dogs that are not in a container are transported for a fee of 30 euros (dog fare). From Germany the ticket is purchased at the Train Manager. From France, Belgium and the Netherlands, the ticket is purchased at the station.
The rules to follow
- Pets weighing less than 6kg must be transported in a container45 x 30 x 25 cm.
- The passenger must ensure that the presence does not inconvenience other passengers. In the event that the presence of a passenger is inconvenient, the traveller and the animal may be moved by the Train Manager.
- Dogs that are not in a container are allowed if they are on the passenger’s lap or on a leash near the passenger on the floor.
- Dogs that are not in a container are on a leash and muzzled.