TAP Portugal is a Portuguese airline.
Animals are accepted in the cabin by TAP Portugal.
Animals are accepted in the hold by the company TAP Portugal.
Booking (animal) :
- By call: Passenger must book maximum transportation 24 hours before departure of the flight.
- Internet: Passengers must book maximum transport 24 hours before the flight departs.
- South Africa
- Cape Verde
- United States
- Czech Republic
- United Kingdom
- Sao Tomé-et-Principe
- Available service: Guide Dogs for the Blind, Dogs for the Hearing impaired, Service Dogs, Emotional Support Animals (ESAN, SVAN)
- Free cabin or cargo transport
- Unserved destinations: United Kingdom: only SVAN-approved dogs are accepted in the cabin.
- The service is reseable by filling out a form available on the website, or through the passenger’s travel agent.
- Recommended maximum weight: 40 KILOS
- Recommended maximum size: 62 CM
Guide Dogs for the Blind, Dogs for the Hearing Impaired, Service Dogs:
- The dog cannot occupy a seat
- The dog is keto on a leash
- The passenger holds the necessary documents for transport
- The passenger holds the necessary official documents proving the training and certification of the animal
- The animal is duly identified as a service animal
- The dog is at the foot of the passenger, there is no requirement for a transport crate
- The dog cannot move inside the cabin
Emotional support animals :
- The animal travels in a flexible container (restriction of animals in the cabin applicable, except for flights to/from the United States)
- In case of overtaking the animal travels in the hold
- There is no requirement for a transport crate
- The use of a leash is recommended
- Transportation is subject to the advice of the company doctor
- These animals are not accepted in the Executive Class on long-haul flights (except for flights to/from the United States)
- The passenger holds the necessary documents for transport and respects the health rules of the different countries
- The passenger’s doctor must also fill out a form for transport
- The company does not recommend the use of sedative fo the animal (except with certain condition, and recommendations from a veterinarian)
- In the cabin:
- The animal is healthy
- The animals has no bad smell
- The animal is not pregnant
- The animal is clean
- The animal must not interfere or be dangerous
Animals in TAP Portugal cabin
General terms and Conditions
- Number of animals per passenger: Several of the same specie (same container)
- Pets accepted: Dogs, Cats
- Maximum weight: 8 KILOS (INCLUDING CONTAINER)
|CONTAINER DIMENSIONS||EXITING THE ANIMAL DURING THE FLIGHT||CONTAINER PROPERTIES|
|LENGTH: 40CM X HEIGHT: 17CM X WIDTH: 33CM||NO|| Flexible|
The interior space must be sufficient to allow the animal to move
Passengers must not be in Executive Class for long-haul flights.
|Domestic flights (Portugal)||€35|
|Flights to Europe, Morocco||€70|
Animals in the hold of TAP Portugal
General terms and Conditions
- Maximum weight: 45 KILOS (INCLUDING CONTAINER)
- Maximum weight (for flights including countries: United States, Hungary, France, Netherlands): 32 KILOS (INCLUDING CONTAINER)
|The animal must be transported in a specific rigid crate|
Food and water
The passenger must provide a sufficient amount of water and food for the entire trip, including stopovers.
The passenger will return his pet, which will be taken to a ventilated area, inside the hold.
|Up to 32 KILOS||BETWEEN 32 KILOS AND 45 KILOS|
|Domestic flights (Portugal)||€70||€130|
|Flights to Europe, Morocco||€100||€200|
Book or discover another company
For full condition, or more information, you can contact the company.
Icons by Flaticon