Animals aboard the SNCF
Amphibians, dogs, cats, domestic rabbits, aviary birds, reptiles, rodents are accepted animals on board the SNCF train company. It serves France and Europe.
- Czech Republic
Passengers can book their ticket or pets at the same time as they book their own ticket, regardless of the ordering method. There are two different rates for animals.
If the pet weighs less than 6 kilos, it travels in a bag or basket (45 cm x 30 cm x 25 cm maximum). In this case, the animal may travel on the lap or at the foot of the passenger with whom it is travelling. For a small animal a fee of 7.5 euros is applicable.
If the pet weighs more than 6 kilos, it travels by being muzzled all the way. In this case, the animal travels at the foot of the passenger. For a large animal, the fare is equivalent to 50% of the full fare price of a 2nd class ticket, calculated on the basis of the kilometer scale.
Exchange and refund
Ticket redeemable and refundable free of charge until the day before departure with a 10% deduction for the duration of the ticket’ validity. Not redeemable beyond that. Refundable ticket with a 10% deduction until the end of the ticket’s validity.
Terms and conditions
- Each passenger can carry up to 2 animals or 2 containers.
The rules to follow
- Animals are allowed with the consent of other passengers
- Animals are the responsibility of the passenger.
- Dogs must be kept on a leash and muzzled or in a container.
- Animals must be transported in a secure, closed container.
- The passenger travels with all the documents allowing the identification of the animal.
- Dogs of the 1st and 2nd category cannot travel on trains.