SBB is a Swiss company. Animals are accepted on board the company SBB SFF FFS in first and second class.
- Online shopping: Passengers need a Swisspass or public transport subscription.
- Order by online form: If the passenger does not have a subscription.
- Tickets can be booked on the Omio website
- Free first- and second-class transport
- Valid for service dogs:
- Service dogs
- Assistance dogs in training
- Guide dogs for the blind in training
- Dogs that are part of a breeding school of a Swiss school of guide dogs of the blind
- Valid for utility dogs (during their interventions):
- Avalanche dogs
- Rescue dogs
- The passenger holds a valid ticket.
- The passenger holds a legitimation card.
- The two elements above must be presented to the controller.
- The animal has an identification medal.
- Guide dogs are equipped with a harness of the institution that trains them.
- Dogs are allowed in restaurant cars, bistro cars. They must be recognizable by the instructions above.
- A list of organizations that issue legitimation cards is available on the company’s website.
Dogs with a height of up to 30 centimetres are transported free of charge.
Dogs travelling in a container and on a seat are transported for a fare equivalent to 50% of the second class fare.
For regular travellers, it is possible to buy an AG (subscription), which charges CHF 805 annually.
For casual travellers, it is possible to buy a daily dog pass. This 35-franc card allows the animal to travel all day unlimited on railways, boats, postal buses, trams, and buses.
The above titles are valid in first and second class.
- Dogs with a height of up to 30 centimetres are in a container.
- Dogs should not be in a seat.
- Dogs can be on a seat if they are in a container, and pay the appropriate fare.
- Animals should not go to catering cars (except cars with a Minibar)
Exchange and refund
- A refund is possible if the passenger no longer needs the GA. It will be based on the months/days it has not used. The passenger will have to pay a file fee, in addition, 9% of the purchase price will be deducted from the months used.
- It is possible to ensure the AG of your animals at SBB
- It is also possible to replace it in case of loss or damage, for a price of 30 francs.