Animals on board Renfe
Dogs, cats, ferrets and birds are accepted animals on board AVE trains, Larga Distancia (long distance), Avant, Media Distancia Convencional (conventional medium distance), Cercanas (suburb) and Feve de Renfe. Passengers cannot carry an animal in the event of a combined train and bus ticket.
- Tickets can be booked on the Omio website
Pets are transported free of charge on AVE and Larga Distancia (long distance) trains for The Preferente, Preferente or Gran Clase, and Asiento Gran Comfort classes.
The transport of pets is subject to a price of 25% of the price of the Turista and Turista class. This applies to AVE and Larga Distancia (long distance) trains for all other classes.
The transport of pets is subject to a price of 25% of the price of the Turista and Turista class. This applies to the Avant and Media Distancia Convencional (conventional average distance) trains for all classes.
Passengers who have purchased an integrated ticket must purchase the animal ticket directly on board the train.
Cancellation and refund
It is possible to cancel the ticket, however, this entails a fee amounting to 15% of the ticket price. The conditions are identical to those of the traveller’s ticket carrying the animal. Bookings are made at ticket offices at train stations, Ceuta sales office, website and travel agencies.
Terms and conditions
Each passenger can carry animals less than 10 kilograms on AVE, Larga Distancia (long distance), Avant and Media Distancia Convencional (conventional medium distance). The container must be closed and the maximum dimensions are 60 x 35 x 35 cm. It should be used to retain and remove residue.
Each passenger can carry animals in berths, if the cabin is occupied by the same group.
The rules to follow
- Animals should not disturb passengers.
- Animals are the responsibility of the passenger.
- Dogs and ferrets must be kept on a non-extendable leash of up to 1.5m long and muzzled or in a container, this applies to the Cercanas (suburb) and Feve services.
- Animals must be transported in a rigid, closed container.
- Containers can be placed on the floor at the foot of the passenger or on it can be held by the passenger.
- The company reserves the right to move the passenger to another part of the train if the presence of the animal inconveniences another passenger. If it is not possible, the customer will be offered an exchange or a refund of a ticket.
- Poultry cannot travel on trains.
- Animals must comply with sanitary, hygiene and safety conditions, and have the necessary documents in accordance with current legislation.
Trainers and socializing agents have the same access rights as guide and assistance dog owners when travelling with them during their training. In this case, the dogs must also be duly identified. So they can transport their dogs for free.