Acceptance of animals on board Air France
Air France is a French airline. Animals are accepted in the hold and in the cabin by Air France
- In agency
- By call
- South Africa
- South Korea
- Costa Rica
- Ivory Coast
- United Arab Emirates
- United States
- La Reunion
- New caledonia
- Dominican Republic
- Czech Republic
- United Kingdom
- Saint Martin
- Viet Nam
- Free transport
- Dogs must comply with the health requirements of the countries of departure, destination, correspondence.
- Dogs must have a plate or harness to identify them. Failing that, you must be able to provide proof (including through credible verbal assurance) of the certification and use you make of the animal,
- Dogs are permanently tied up, do not obstruct driveways, behave flawlessly and do not occupy a seat. They can travel unstable.
- Passengers will be offered a seat with as much space as possible, however seats with emergency exits are prohibited.
- Direct and connecting flights with the United States: Emotional/Psychiatric Support Dog (ESAN) in the cabin: free transport. A form must be completed by the passenger and sent to the airline for up to 48 hours before the flight.
- In order to be accepted in the cabin, the dog must be visually checked at the airport.
- The passenger must bring and keep the necessary documents: passport, copy of the application form, and other documents.
- Aged:10 weeks metropolitan France (including Corsica), and between metropolitan France and Guadeloupe, Martinique and Reunion: 8 weeks; Metropolitan France and Guyana: 15 weeks.
- Up-to-date vaccines
- The animal must have a microchip
- If the trip takes place within the European Union or internationally, the animal must have a passport.
In the cabin
Animals are accepted in the cabin by Air France.
General terms and Conditions
- Number of animals per passenger: 1
- Pets accepted: Dogs, Cats
- Maximum weight: 8 KILOS (INCLUDING CONTAINER)
|1ST CATEGORY : so-called attack dogs of no breed but assimilated by their morphology to the following breed dogs: Staffordshire Terriers (pitbulls), American Staffordshire Terriers (pitbulls), Mastiffs (Berbœls), Tosas (IF CAN BE ASSIMILATED TO ONE OF THOSE CATEGORIES: NEED A VETERINARY CERTIFICATE TO PROVE OTHERWISE)|
|CONTAINER DIMENSIONS||EXITING THE ANIMAL DURING THE FLIGHT||CONTAINER PROPERTIES|
|46CM X 28CM X 24CM||No||Enough airy and allow your pet to get up and turn.|
- Passenger location: Passengers cannot sit in the front row or at those with emergency exits and adjacent rows. Passengers must not be in the Business cabin on intercontinental flights to transport an animal.
- Container location: The container must be placed under the seat in front of the passenger.
The rates below are shown by animal and segment.
|Intra Caribbean flights||€30 (EXCEPT MIAMI €55)|
|Flights in Europe or between Europe and North Africa or Israel||€55|
|Flights between France Metropolitan and Cayenne/Fort de France/Pointe à Pitre/Saint Denis de la Réunion||€55|
In the hold
Animals are accepted in the hold by Air France.
General terms and Conditions
- Number of animals per passenger: 3, CAN BE RESTRICTED SELON THE TYPE OF PLANE
- Minimum weight: 8KG
- Maximum weight: 75KG
- The animal is not under tranquilizer, and does not show any signs of physical weakness, it should not be injured.
|1ST CATEGORY : so-called attack dogs of no breed but assimilated by their morphology to the following breed dogs: Staffordshire Terriers (pitbulls), American Staffordshire Terriers (pitbulls), Mastiffs (Berbœls), Tosas (IF CAN BE ASSIMILISED TO ONE OF THOSE TWO CATEGORIES: NEED A VETERINARY CERTIFICAT TO PROVE THE CONTRARY) |
Dogs belonging to a breed with a upturned nose (examples: pug, bulldog, boxer, Pekingese, shih tsu, etc.)
|Cats belonging to a breed with upturned noses (example: Persian, etc.)|
|CONTAINER DIMENSIONS||CONTAINER PROPERTIES|
|A – Length of the animal from the nose to the base of the TAIL. |
B – Ground height up to the top of the leg (elbow joint). The length of the case must be at least equal to A-1/2B (1/2B – half the length of the leg).
C – Width of the animal’s back. The width of the body must be at least equal to Cx2.
D – Height of the animal in a natural position, up to the top of the ears or head. Equal to the height of the crate.
|An absorbent material covers the bottom of the container (straw is forbidden). |
The wheels are removed, or blocked with duct tape in case of retractable wheels.
The animal can turn, lie down, stand with its head fully raised easily, without touching the ceiling of the container.
Leashes and muzzles must be removed from the crate, and the animal must not be carried.
The shell is made of fiberglass or rigid plastic.
Door closing system: Centralized, it simultaneously locks the low and high door closure.
Bolts hold both parts of the container.
The hinges of the door must be at least 1.6 cm above and below the door.
Any other side closure system is strictly prohibited.
- Food and water: A double bowl (water and food) must be fixed and accessible without opening the container.
- Passengers must arrive at check-in at least 3 hours in advance for an intercontinental flight.
- The passenger must arrive at check-in at least 2 hours in advance for a flight in France or Europe, or between Europe and North Africa or Israel.
- Passengers must schedule connections of more than 2 hours if their journey involves connections. This time allows the passenger to retrieve his luggage and his pet to re-register them on his second flight, since check-in is only possible on the first flight for the animal. The passenger must have all the necessary documents required by the country of departure, destination, connecting.
- The captain will make sure that the animal has a comfortable journey, adapting the cargo hold, with heating, lighting…
|Intra Caribbean flights||€75|
|Flights in Europe or between Europe and North Africa or Israel||€100|
|Flights between France Metropolitan and Cayenne/Fort de France/Pointe à Pitre/Saint Denis de la Réunion||€75|