Animals on board Trenitalia
Dogs, cats and other small animals are accepted on board the Trenitalia train company.
- Tickets can be booked on the Omio website
Animals are transported free of charge in the first and second class of all Executive, Business, Premium and Standard services.
Muzzled and leashed dogs are transported with a ticket at the companion fare to be added to the purchase of a second class ticket at a reduced price of 50%.
Terms and conditions
- Each passenger can carry up to 1 container of up to 70x30x50cm size.
- Each passenger can carry a dog of any size.
- Acceptance of dogs: express trains/IC/ICN (first and second class); Frecciabianca, Frecciarossa and Frecciargento trains (first and second class, Standard and Business service levels).
- Refusal of dogs: Executive and Premium services; lounges; areas of silence; 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. Monday to Friday; sleeper cars, sleeper cars and the Excelsior wagon, for fully purchased compartments.
The rules to follow
- Animals must not endanger or disturb staff and passengers.
- Dogs must be kept on a leash and muzzled or in a container.
- Animals must be transported in a rigid, closed container.
- Containers may be placed on the floor or on the passenger’s lap but cannot occupy a seat.
- The container should allow the animal to stand up and lie down comfortably.
- The company reserves the right to move the passenger to another part of the train if the presence of the animal inconveniences another passenger. If this is not possible, the passenger may be asked to leave the train.
- Animals are not allowed in the Wagon Bar/Restaurant
- The passenger must hold the dog registry registration certificate and the health record, or for foreigners the passport. These documents may be requested at the booking or during the trip, in case of non-presentation, penalties will be applied.