Delta Airlines is an American company.
Animals are accepted in the cabin by Delta Airlines.
Animals are not accepted in the hold by Delta Airlines.
- By call: 800 221 1212
- By Internet
- South Africa
- South Korea
- United Arab Emirates
- United States
- Cayman Islands
- Turks and Caicos Islands
- US Virgin Islands
- Porto Rico
- Dominican Republic
- United Kingdom
- St. LUCIA
- Available services: Service animals,
- Free transport
- Free transportation of equipment (cage, blanket, food or other similar product)
- Size limited to the footprint not to exceed that of the passenger seat.
- The passenger must send the mandatory documents: download at least 48 hours before departure.
- The animal must have its vaccines up to date.
- The animal must sit on the ground under the passenger seat, or on the passenger’s lap.
- Pre-boarding is possible
- Training animals are only allowed if:
- He travels with a professional educator to join his master
- He is already educated and travels with a certified educator to follow additional training
- Pets not accepted:
- Small mammals and very small animals
- Insects and spiders
- Poorly washed animals and / or whose odor is unpleasant
- Animals with tusks, horns or hooves
- If the animal is large, or the passenger is traveling with several service animals, it can be moved.
- Some destinations have restrictions.
Specification of educated service animals:
- Up-to-date veterinary health record
Animal specifications for emotional support and psychiatric assistance:
- The Animal emotional support and psychiatric assistance form must be returned maximum 48 hours before departure
- Documents: They must be less than 12 months old (on the date of the first flight on your itinerary), issued by a certified mental health professional, indicating the need for an emotional support animal, as well as a certificate of good health animal, specifying rabies vaccinations
- If the animal behaves disruptively or aggressively, it will be refused.
- Professional license number is recommended
- Minimum age (domestic flight): 10 weeks
- Minimum age (from international to the United States): 16 weeks
- Minimum age (within the European Union): 15 weeks
Animals in Delta Airlines cabin
Terms and conditions
- Number of animals: One animal per container, except:
- A dog / cat can travel with its unweaned pups if they are at least 10 weeks old and at most 6 months old. (no limit to the number of pups)
- 2 animals of the same species and the same size, aged 10 weeks to 6 months may be authorized to travel in 1 transport cage, provided that they are small enough to fit in a single cage and that they get along good. You will be charged for only one animal.
- Destinations not served: Hawaii, Australia, Barbados, Dakar, Dubai, Hong Kong, Iceland, Jamaica, New Zealand, Republic of Ireland, South Africa, United Kingdom, United Arab Emirates
|Pit bull type dogs|
|Domestic birds are only allowed on domestic flights within the U.S., excluding Hawaii, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, and Guam.|
|CONTAINER DIMENSIONS||CONTAINER PROPERTIES|
|The maximum dimensions depend on the flight taken.||The animal does not protrude, does not touch the edges. |
It can move inside.
Rigid or flexible walls, waterproof, ventilated on at least two sides.
The passenger may not sit in a row overlooking the bulkheads and emergency exits, in rows 30 to 35 on the A330-200 aircraft and rows 30 to 43 on the A330-300 aircraft. In addition, he cannot choose a seat without storage, a sleeper seat, or a central seat on the B757-200 aircraft.
The container should be placed under the seat in front of the passenger.
Transport is chargeable, the container is considered as cabin baggage.
Book or discover another company
For complete conditions, or additional information, it is possible to contact the company.