Qatar Airways is a Qatari airline.
Animals are accepted in the cabin by Qatar Airways.
Animals are accepted in the hold by Qatar Airways
- Qatar airways advises booking the animal ticket at the same time as the passenger’s ticket, or up to 48 hours before the flight departs.
- South Africa
- United States
- New Zealand
- Czech Republic
- United Kingdom
- Sri Lanka
- Viet Nam
- Free transport
- Available service: Emotional, psychiatric, service support dogs
- Animals can travel in the cabin on flights to or from Australia, Brazil, India, Georgia, the United States, Switzerland, Norway, Canada, the European Union. For all countries not included in this list, animals travel in the hold.
- Animals cannot occupy a seat
- Passenger must:
- Notify the company 48 hours before departure
- Demonstrate that the animal will not relieve itself, that the passenger takes care of the dog’s waste, the passenger has taken absorbent equipment
- Make the check-in 1 hour before the recommended time
- Certification of a mental health professional (less than one year old) must be provided for a psychiatric or emotional support dog
- Take-off, landing, disturbances: It is recommended that the dog wear a harness
- The passenger holds the necessary documents for transport: transit, export, import, identity document, medical certificate
- Minimum age: 12 weeks
- Cats and dogs must not have reached a pregnancy of more than 6 weeks, unless a veterinarian certifies that the trip is safe, and that the birth will not take place during this trip
- Animals should not be weak
- Females with feedings will only be transported with a veterinary certificate attesting to their ability to travel
Animals in Qatar Airways cabin
Terms and conditions
- Number of animals per device: 6
- Animals accepted: Falcons
Passenger location: Passenger must book economy class seat
Animals in the hold of Qatar Airways
Terms and conditions
- Dogs, cats, domestic birds
- Maximum weight: 75 KILOS (INCLUDING CONTAINER)
- It is recommended to use the cargo service to transport the animal from May to October for its comfort.
|Affenpinscher, American Pit Bull Terrier, American Staffordshire Bull Terrier, Bichon Frise, Boston Terrier, Boxer, Brussels, Bull Dog (all breeds), Bull Mastiff (English Mastiff), Cane Corso, Chow Chow, Dogo Argentino, Dogue de Bordeaux (French Mastiff), English Mastiff, French Terrier, Greyhound Dogs (except pets), Griffon, Japanese Menton, King Charles Spaniel, Neapolitan Mastiff, Beijing , Shar Pei, Shih Tzu, Stafforshire Bull Terrier, Valley Terrier|
Some breeds of heat-sensitive dogs
Some breeds of heat-sensitive cats
|Primates transported for research|
|CONTAINER DIMENSIONS||CONTAINER PROPERTIES|
|Sum of dimensions: 300 CM|
LENGHT: Length of the animal – 1/2 of the length of its legs
HEIGHT: Height of the animal
WIDTH: Width of the animal’s shoulders x2
|It does not allow the animal to escape. |
It is large enough for the animal.
It has good ventilation thanks to openings.
It can be refused by staff if it is considered too small.
Food and water
It is advisable to provide a quantity of food for the animal that will be sufficient to transport in its container. If this is not done, staff will feed the animal once every three hours (up to two hours before departure), and will change it once an hour.
Transit in Doha
In case of transit in Doha, the staff will make sure that the animal gets out of its container a little, if it is a dog it will be more walked. Containers will be cleaned, while animals will be able to enjoy a larger container during transit time. Finally, teams will monitor for signs of illness and stress.
The rates below are shown by animal and segment.
|Up to 32kg||Between 32kg and 75kg|
|From/To Qatar||USD 200||USD 300|
|All other destinations||USD 350||USD 450|
It is possible to modify and cancel without incurring additional costs.
Book or discover another company
For full conditions, or additional information, it is possible to contact the company.