Are animals allowed on OuiGo trains?
Pets are accepted on board The OuiGo Company. It is possible to book the maximum ticket 1 hour and a half before the train departs on the company’s website.
Some animals are however prohibited on trains, in fact, the attack dogs Category 1 (Staffordshire terrier or American Staffordshire terrier also called Pitbulls, Mastiff, Tosa) and wild animals such as dolphin, panther, pony … are not transported on their trains.
Travellers with a civilian disability, with a disability card of 80% or more (regardless of disability) can carry a guide dog free of charge.
Animals under 6kg are transported free of charge on OuiGo trains.
Animals over 6kg are transported for a price of 30 euros with a pet ticket.
Terms and conditions
Each booking can cover up to 2 animals over 6kg.
The rules to follow
- Preferably, the animal is transported in a container with a maximum dimension of 55cm x 35cm x 25cm for animals weighing less than 6kg.
- Passengers have the right to bring a carry-on bag and a handbag.
- The passenger must ensure that the animal does not inconvenience other passengers.
- Dogs must be kept on a leash and muzzled.
- The passenger must be in possession of the animal identification papers as they may be requested by the crew chiefs either on board the train.