Are animals allowed on Northern trains?
Dogs, cats and other small animals are accepted on board the Northern company.
- Tickets can be booked on the Omio website
- United Kingdom
Animals are transported free of charge.
Terms and conditions
Each passenger can carry up to 2 animals.
The rules to follow
- Animals must not endanger or disturb staff and passengers.
- Dogs must be kept on a leash or in a container.
- Animals must be transported in a rigid, closed container.
- Containers can be placed on the floor or on the passenger’s lap.
- The container should allow the animal to stand up and lie down comfortably.
- The company reserves the right to refuse to transport any animal, and to move the passenger to another part of the train if the presence of the animal inconveniences another passenger.