Acceptance of animals on All Nippon Airways aircraft
All Nippon Airways is a Japanese airline. Animals are accepted in the hold by All Nippon Airways. However, the company does not accept animals in the cabin. In case of travel with an animal, passengers must arrive early at check-in.
- By call
- South Africa
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- South Korea
- Costa Rica
- United Arab Emirates
- United States
- Cayman Islands
- Virgin Islands
- Northern Macedonia
- New Zealand
- Dominican Republic
- Czech Republic
- United Kingdom
- El Salvador
- Sri Lanka
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Viet Nam
- Service animals are accepted in the cabin
- It is necessary to contact the company to obtain information based on the flight.
- Passenger must have the necessary documents for the country of departure, destination
- In the event of a quarantine inspection required for the animal, the passenger must go to check-in after the inspection. The passenger must ensure that the admission time will allow sufficient time for check-in.
In the hold
Terms and conditions
- Dogs, cats, birds and other small animals such as rabbits, hamsters and ferrets.
- This service is available to passengers on an ANA flight with an ANA flight number, passengers with a flight number from a flight company of a partner airline do not benefit from this service.
- Maximum weight: 45 KILOS (INCLUDING CONTAINER)
- Only one animal per container except for a pair of birds (male-female).
|May 1 to October 31: Flat-nosed dog breeds|
Bulldog, French Bulldog, Boxer, Shih tzu, Boston Terrier, Bull Terrier, Brussels Griffon, Chow Chow, Japanese Spaniel (Chin), King Charles Spaniel, Tibetan Sword, Carlin, Beijing
|Cold-blooded animals (such as turtles and lizards), reptiles and fish|
|CONTAINER DIMENSIONS||CONTAINER PROPERTIES|
|Sum of dimensions: 292CM||The bottom of the container is waterproof. |
The container contains a container for food or water attached to the inside of the door.
The container allows the animal to get up, lie down moving comfortably; moreover it does not allow the animal to escape, finally it holds a safety lock.
The wheels are removed or blocked.
The container is ventilated on at least three sides (in addition to the door), holds handles, it is clean, airtight
The container cannot be cardboard, bag, not rigid. It is recommended that it be made of metal, rigid plastic, solid wood or a material of comparable strength with a solid roof.
Container can be locked (locked)
Birds: Standard fibre container allowed
- Food and water: Passengers must provide food and water before check-in, the cage can be equipped with a container of water and food. However, the animal will not be able to be fed during the flight and possible connections by the teams.
- The animal will be transported to the plane in a van, it could potentially feel the heat of the hangar in the summer.
- The space of its transport will be air-conditioned like the cabin, however it can be influenced by the outside temperature.
- Passengers will be required to sign a consent form and pay an excess baggage fee.
The rates below are shown by animal and segment.
Zone 1: North America/Latin America/Hawaii
Zone 2: Europe/Africa/Middle East
Zone 3: Asia (including Japan)/Oceania
|Transportation between two zones||Transportation within the same area||Domestic flights Japan|
|40,000 JPY / 400 USD / 400 CAD / 300 EUR||25,000 JPY / 250 USD / 250 CAD / 200 EUR||5,000 JPY|